POSTED: November 30, 2019 — We had a full house at the Grange on October 24th for the reveal of the initial plans. A survey showed most were supportive of the project with the average score of 8.76 on a scale of 0 – 10 (with zero being not a t all supportive and 10 being extremely supportive).
Please join us for an online meeting about project progress to date. Due to Covid-19 and Public Safety Recommendations, the committee is inviting you to
Community Meeting with Joint Use Facility Committee on Zoom
Tuesday, 8/24/21, 4:00 p.m.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the City and Fire District have elected to convene the meeting electronically. If you have trouble logging in, please call Jayme Bennett at (541) 490.7411.
Join Zoom Meeting here:
Meeting ID: 891 9021 5469, Passcode: 97040
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,89190215469#,,,,*97040# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,89190215469#,,,,*97040# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kBlGgMFYP
1) Opening – Terry Moore
- a. Call to order and JUF background, why there is a committee; confirm agenda
- b. Public comment – 10 – 15 minutes
- c. Overview of the Mosier Center Project: purpose, work plan, and activities to date – Colleen
- d. Discussion of key elements of the Work Plan
2) Project Expenditures to Date – Colleen
3) Fundraising Status – Jill
4) Schematic Design Process Review – Doug
5) Current Construction Cost Estimate – Jason
6) Next Phase of Design – Cost and Proposed Schedule – Doug
7) Decisions to make and schedule of activities – Committee
a. Public Comment
8) Committee Decisions
a. Committee Vote on Next Phase of Design
9) Meeting Schedule — Here forward
10) Next Meeting Agenda Topics and Date
Community Design Event
Minarik Architecture Selected for Design
POSTED: July 18, 2019 — After an extensive process, the Mosier Center committee chose Minarik Architecture out of a pool of highly qualified firms.
A much-needed Community Center, City Office, and Fire Station — A building that will refine our town and provide the necessary facilities to keep Mosier and the surrounding communities safe.
It will be a Gathering Center to serve our diverse population, a Visitor Center to welcome, display and celebrate our deep historical roots, and a Service Center to meet the needs of our community.
We have a unique financial opportunity to bring about a lasting public safety and community facility, located at heart of town.We are very close!
Our goal is to inspire everyone (in-town or afar), to contribute — to be a part of the future Mosier Community Center.